During this course we aim to equip you with the skills and knowledge to allow you to make the transition from seconding to competently leading appropriate single pitch routes.
During the course we will aim to cover the following:
- Choosing an outdoor climbing venue and selecting suitable routes.
- Identifying hazards and staying safe whilst lead climbing.
- How and when to place protection.
- Dealing with fear and deploying coping strategies.
- What to do when you reach the top.
- Bringing up your second and removing your gear.
This is a hands-on course and you can expect to get lots of climbing done